In someways it felt weird when someone told me that I am a mentor to that person... on one hand it feels good to be able to have an impact on someones life... but on the other hand I was thinking... " who am i that i people should look to me for advice ? "
In someways I feel responsible that because of my actions / inaction, I have facilitated some people to push the limit of their threshold. Causing which, I have witnessed first hand what it means to fall and get back up on your feet again... On one hand, was it necessary to pass through the dark valley before finding the hope that comes with the breaking of dawn?
Or would the dawn be appreciated if there was no trials before said discovery?
Or perhaps if I wasn't involved, would things have eventually worked themselves out?
In someways I have seen how, people struggle with not so everyday problems, with not so everyday everyday people, with not so everyday situations. I am saddened by the fact that I cannot do more for them than what I did.
On a lighter note for the past week,
I witnessed my friend walking down the aisle, at the perfect age... (according to her la), in which i enjoyed the dinner because it wasn't a typical Chinese wedding dinner, but mainly because i think the event truly showed the couple's personality - fun, spirited and sporting. It really felt like a celebration with friends and family rather than the usual "aunty karaoke session - uncle drinking session " type of wedding. ( ok i realize i make "aunty-karaoke" sound like a bad thing.. but hey.. maybe that's just me la)
I enjoyed a good Sunday worship at the old skool PBBC, to which i got to relive, albeit for a limited time, how it felt like 18 months ago... Riyas nasi lemak, Roland-style-songs, beef noodles, and some stock from the sharers.
And on to the coming week, I shall be spending like a millionaire!!
To infinity......and beyond!
~cheers~
No comments:
Post a Comment