Sunday, September 13, 2009

Find rest

For the past 2 weeks I've been in KL..

Yes..please don't stone me for not telling some of you guys that I've been down in KL or what not.. mainly its because I myself am not sure how long I'd be here.. my manager cant give me a confirmation on how long this stint will be.. but one thing is for sure.. by end of Sept i should settle any outstanding business and go back to the sleepy town of Taiping.

When people ask me what I'm doing down here, i just say " Business"

That sounds ideal doesn't it? Perhaps that phrase conjures images of a high flying exec that drops into town for a meeting or 2 and then partying the rest of the night away?

Me thinks not

I have truly lived out the phrase ' living out of a suitcase' except that my suitcase is my haversack .. and i travel together with my trusty laptop. When i was younger i always thought how nice it would be to be traveling around on business and what not. Truth is i don't mind the travel every now and again but its the uncertainty that gets to me.

When i ask my manager how many days I'll be in KL, he says it depends. What to do? Really not his call... cause if it was, I'd already be back in Taiping... and so would he. In the early stages it was only 2-3 days a week.. for the past 2 weeks I've been full time in KL.

On one hand its great that i get to meet up with a lot of my friends and my sis..

The bad side? I was working for the Company from 830 till 1130 (that's 2330 mind you) on my birthday. Usually I don't feel anything in particular on my birthday perhaps because i've never been so busy..but this year..all i longed for was to pack up early and have a nice dinner and drinks with me mates...

Haha..

Anyway i enjoyed the birthday msges and calls.. it kept me going through the day.







~cheers mates~

No comments: